Take one Grade‐A culinary program, add the desire to learn, and enjoy the sweet smell of success
Great chefs and cooks combine creativity, consistency, and skill to whip up magnificent meals. However, it takes an outstanding education and plenty of practice to rise above the rest in the culinary business. So if cooking is your calling, ACC has the recipe for your culinary career. We’ve got training kitchens to match any top restaurant or hotel, a faculty of expert chefs, two student‐run restaurants, and a commercial catering service. In addition to culinary skills, students also receive employer‐preferred training in sanitation, costs, and budgeting. Internship opportunities and job placement assistance are also available.
- Culinary Arts Certificate (Estimated In-District Program Cost: $4,596.73)
- Culinary Arts Associates of Applied Science (Estimated In-District Program Cost: $6,978.13)
- Culinary Arts Entrepreneur Associates of Applied Science (Estimated In-District Program Cost: $6,695.73)
- Agricultural Sciences Farm to Table Entrepreneurship Associates of Applied Science
Core Curriculum Course List
Want to Transfer to a University?
Texas Woman’s University Articulation – Bachelor of Applied Science in Culinary Science and Food Service Management
University of Houston – Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
Where can a degree in Culinary Arts take you? Career paths include:
● Executive Chef
● Sous Chef
● Line Cook
● Food and Beverage Manager
● Kitchen Manager
● Food Service Manager
● Restaurant Manager
● Exemplary culinary education at a hands-on school
● Outstanding value and affordable tuition
● Transferability of credit hours to other accredited schools or a four-year university
● Flexible schedule options
Mission Statement and Goals
The Culinary Arts Department is committed to the facilitation of student learning in its Associate’s Degrees and Certification programs by providing in-depth culinary training and the necessary technical skill to successfully enter the food-service industry.
The Culinary Arts Department wants to be recognized as a value-added ACC department promoting student excellence and the highest level of culinary training within our community. The Department would like to be a community hub for culinary-related job training, related student practicum, and ultimately job placement in the City of Austin.
Four goals of the mission statement:
- To educate
- To actively seek out those who may benefit from a community college education
- To revitalize the relationship with the community at large
- Grow selectively to achieve distinction