Study Abroad: Costa Rica
Study Abroad: Costa Rica
We are Costa Rica bound! Stay tuned for 2022 information.
Benefits of Studying Abroad:
ACC International Programs provide the opportunity for more than just course credit. You’ll find personal enrichment in a variety of ways:
• Enhance the value of your degree with international experience and an expanded worldview.
• Gain new perspectives and experience other cultures.
• Participate in a multicultural exchange alongside fellow ACC students.
• Advance your foreign language skills.
• Make friends and network globally.
Applicants must meet all application criteria and be interviewed by the program faculty leader. Non-student applicants must complete the ACC admissions process following acceptance into the program.
Students must be at least 18 years of age and in good academic standing by the start of the program. Students must complete prerequisites prior to the program start date.
How to Apply: Application Information
2. Schedule an advising appointment with International Programs here.
3. Download a program application
4. Complete application and obtain all required items on checklist.
5. Submit the completed application to International Programs.
6. Schedule and attend interview with program faculty leader.
7. Await notification from International Programs.
Program Fee Includes:
- Airport pick-up/drop-off in program country
- Meals *see Itinerary for meals that are included
- Ground transportation to/from itinerary activities
- Excursions and entrance fees per itinerary
- 24/7 logistic support and emergency assistance
- ACC course tuition/fees/books
- Meals (not included in program)
- Personal expenses
- Airport departure tax (approximately $30.00)
- International Student ID Card (ISIC – $25.00)
- Passport and visa fees (if applicable)
- Vaccinations (if applicable)
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- Both financial aid and scholarships are available for students wishing to study abroad.
- Information on financial aid and how to apply: Financial Aid.
- Information on scholarships and how to apply: Study Abroad Scholarships.
You will be required to have a passport for your trip. Do not wait too long before you get your passport, as it can often take anywhere from 4-8 weeks. If you do not have a passport, please see the following link to assist you with the process: Passport Requirements.
ISIC- What is it and why do I need it?
The International Student Identity Card is the only internationally accepted student ID card and proof of current student status in existence. There is also the International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) and the International Youth Travel Card (IYTC). These cards provide a world of benefits and services to the nearly 5 million people worldwide every year. More than an ID card, it also includes:
- Discounts to more than 33,000 locations in 103 countries
- Mobile phone and a calling card communications package
- Health and accident insurance coverage
- Emergency help line
- The ISIC card is required for participants in ACC Study Abroad programs and is available at International Programs. More information on the ISIC card can be found here.